Well, we had a win with Project Bobber. I found a basket case ’73 XL Sportster with a spare ’75 engine and snapped it up for a good price.
So that was the good news, the bad news is the basket case is too good to wreck for parts so I’m going to put it back together in an attempt to reconstruct a running bike. This will either be for motorcycling entertainment value or to sell to to fund the bobber.
So Project Bobber looks to be on hold for at least a year (being optimistic) while I put the Sporty back together and get it running.
I’ll post about my miserable failures as they happen. But for now, pictures: