I only had a couple of hours in the shop which I wanted to put to good use. Sometimes I don’t have the time or energy to get deep into a bike project when time is limited.
Tool storage is always on my mind (that is: “how can is store these tools better so I can fit more tools in?” ?).
While I prefer tools in cupboards and drawers (see my shop tour video which talks about the the dust problem I have from the summer north winds), sometimes I find a small space that just needs to be filled.
The gap under my wall cabinet has never been well utilised, but a quick check showed all but one of my air tools would fit if hung vertically. Since they all use a common quick-disconnect fitting, a rack that holds the fitting is the logical way to hang them.
Watch the process to simply form some slots in a piece of aluminium stock and bend it to form a mounting surface to the wall under the cabinet.
Other videos in the Shop Equipment series:
- Simple timber build platform: https://krankengineering.com/tech/a-simple-timber-motorcycle-build-platform-free-plans/
- How to build a motorcycle build platform (advanced): https://krankengineering.com/tech/motorcycle-build-platform-advanced/
- Air compressor overview: https://krankengineering.com/tech/air-compressor-overview/
- Hercus 9″ lathe restoration (playlist): https://krankengineering.com/tech/hercus-9-lathe-restoration/
- How to build a killer (lathe) bench (playlist) : https://krankengineering.com/tech/build-killer-lathe-bench/
- How to build a 12V-24V bench top power supply: https://krankengineering.com/tech/building-12v-24v-bench-top-power-supply/
- How to build a radial draw tube bender (playlist): https://krankengineering.com/tech/radial-draw-tube-bender-build/
- Shop Tour! (2017): https://youtu.be/NWk1Wf6iUss