Lots more pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tXEdTGP5TG3KjMKy8
Got a horse float? Race car? Big ass boat?
Why tow it with a boring Hilux when you can kick everyone’s ass in the car park with a mighty squarebody C10!
Piss yourself laughing at the servo when you fill up the mega 120 litre LPG tank for 60 bucks.
Cruise down the freeway with tunes coming from your phone via the bluetooth JVC head unit and 6×9” behind the seat.
Laugh at the truckie’s banter on the top notch Uniden 2-way radio.
Scare small children and animals with the sound from the massive twin exhaust.
Is this you?
I used this truck to haul motorcycles around. Its driver quality, not show car quality, but you can see in the pics it scrubs up nicely.
Selling as I hardly use it, and have no space and time to take it to the next level with all the other projects going on. So I’m looking for a Chev nut to be her next custodian. If you have no mechanical or electrical skills, you should probably give it a miss, unless you are planning to have a mechanic do it all for you.
Happy to help the purchaser ship the car anywhere in Australia on receipt of full payment. I have used CEVA a couple of times and you can get a quote online: https://cevacarcarrying.com.au/
I am happy to drop it at the Melbourne depot. Freight estimate to Sydney depot is $350. Brisbane depot $730.
There is tons of info on the web in forums, YouTube and suppliers in the USA. Everything is available to keep her running.
Will negotiate a Victorian roadworthy (if required) with the purchaser. On a club permit at the moment so non-transferable.
- I bought it off the guy who imported it from the US. He had it complianced in NSW (seat belts etc). So its all legal.
- The big block and turbo 400 were factory options but were fitted by someone at sometime in the USA, this car I believe was delivered with 350 cubes/turbo 350 trans.
- I had the LPG fitted in 2014 so it runs dual fuel, but watching the fuel gauge going down while you’re driving is expensive, so it runs LPG 99.9% of the time. Has twin 70 litre fuel tanks for the masochists who have deep wallets.
- I fitted the radio head unit and 2-way.
- Aircon has a fresh gas charge and works fine. Heater will boil your blood on full heat.
- Fresh trim on seat, the original cover was pretty ratty so I ordered one and replaced it.
- Fresh carpet, just a half section, ordered locally, not the greatest fit but way better than ratty carpet I bought it with.
- Everything else works. Lights. Indicators. Wipers. Washers. Cargo light. Heater/aircon (as mentioned).
- Had a fresh engine and trans service a couple of months back.
- Will need tyres (especially rears) for roadworthy. Thats OK, we can negotiate this or I can have some fitted prior to handing over the keys. Probably needs lower profile on the rear to look 25% tougher.
- There is an oil leak at left rear rocker cover and intake manifold to block.
- Because the engine and box are not factory, none of the factory gauges work. Again, this didn’t worry me, I was planning to redo the whole lot in Autometer gauges.
- Obviously it shouldn’t have a GMC tail gate on it. But it does.
- I believe it was painted this blue out of the factory, but there is a coat of white under this coat of blue. So someone has painted it white, then someone else has repainted it the original blue. Its not a show quality paint, so don’t sook about it if you come and have a look. The body has a few minor dings here and there. It never worried me, I was using it as a driver.
- Bonnet hinges are flogged out, which you can see from the pics of the bonnet not sitting flat. Will need new ones (order from USA) or take them off, weld them up and redrill.
- POS dash cam in pics will be removed, it doesn’t work. I shouldn’t have bought no name crap off eBay.
- The two doors and ignition are all keyed differently, have bought a central locking kit (see below “Included”).
Service manual. Some door seals. Quarter vent window seals. Central locking kit I never fitted. Headlights-on warning buzzer. Some shock bushes. New floor carpet (they sent me RH drive carpet the first time by mistake, and never asked for it back). Was planning to use that carpet to retrim the doors and some speaker spacers on each door. Spare engine oil filter. All of the electrical schematics printed and laminated in A3. Also have a RH guard, new, repro. I’ll leave the blue Pelican tool box in the back as I bought that specifically for this truck. Kick arse tiedowns bolted into the bed with high tensile bolts will stay.
No test drives without cash down. I will set my dogs on anyone who wastes my time to “look” but then lowballs. This is a big boys toy and I will be pleased to deal with big boys. You kids go back to playing with your Civics.
Heads up, you will be recorded on video camera as soon as you walk up my driveway.
Thanks for reading this far ?
$27,500 with a Victorian Roadworthy (ie new tyres etc)